Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rush Limbaugh

My somewhat conservative (less conservative than he thinks he is!) husband and I were driving across the midwest today. I had NPR on, and he commented that NPR is liberal. I agree it is. So...I turned it off for a bit and found good old Rush Limbaugh. He is not liberal!

I think it is important to read (and listen to) all political sides so I really did want to hear what Rush is up to. My husband wasn't paying much attention, but suddenly my husband, somewhat irritated, said, "who is talking?"

Rush was saying that Obama wanted the country to fail. He said that studies show that our economy is now the 5th largest in the world, and that Obama is happy it is sinking. He said that Obama thinks our country was built on the backs of the minorities, and therefore now, with all the Republican outcries, we should sink.

Rush went on to talk about an interview with a Yale professor...something about the economy. He then referred to, "all the 'young smuts' at Yale..." Young smuts? My husband graduated from Yale! Our daughter graduated from Yale! My husband was annoyed. No end. So, Rush, you are now irritating the conservative section of our population, too. Yes, a few conservatives, unlike you (who attended, but did not graduate from, Southeast Missouri State), are quite well educated!

1 comment:

A Cuban In London said...

Rush should take a break from broadcasting. As in, a break/// forever...

From a liberal. :-)

Greetings from London.