Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Economists and Alice

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on so that I can understand this economy situation we're having in the U.S.  It is really scary, to say the least.  In several reports, I had to smile (and think of Bob!) as I heard Alan Blinder, an eonomist at Princeton and a former vice chairman of the board of governors at the Federal Reserve, say, "We're deep into Alice in Wonderland's rabbit hole."

I've never really thought of these economists as reading much beyond Milton Friedman and the like.  It's great to see that they're well-rounded!

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

I just heard Thomas Friedman speak at OSU. I strongly recommend his books: The World is Flat, and Hot, Flat and Crowded. Both are very insightful into how the global economy must inform how we think about our own lives and livelihoods.

I've love to hear your thoughts on the books.

Kalleh said...

I have been wanting to read "The World is Flat." You've stimulated me to do it!

Thanks.